Jerry Smith has over 20 years of Environmental and Industrial Service experience in all areas of emergency response, remediation and training. Jerry has been actively involved in responding to numerous hazardous materials emergencies throughout the southeastern Unites States. He is also called upon often to interact with State and Federal regulatory agencies and our clients in the areas of hazardous materials response, remediation and disposal activities.
- University of North Carolina at Wilmington and Guilford Technical Community College
- Numerous courses in Waste Management, Federal Transportation Regulations and OSHA/RCRA Regulations
Areas of Experience
- Lead technical training sessions in the areas of hazardous materials response for state and local government agencies, major rail carriers and general industry.
- Manage health and safety operations during RCRA/CERLA Superfund remedial projects
- Conduct numerous training sessions for OSHA, EPA, DOT, ISO 14001 and OSHAS 18001 compliance in such areas as confined space entry, lockout/tagout, hot work, hazard communication and proper waste management and minimization.
- Frequent speaker at safety conferences and seminars. Jerry relates to his audience with a proven hands-on approach to emergency response activities. His vivid and sincere manner consistently win praise from his audiences.
- Manage and train companies’ personnel to stay in compliance with OSHA regulations.
Registrations & Licenses
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) 40 CFR 265.16
- Department of Transportation Hazardous Materials Shipping 49 CFR 172.702 and 49 CFR 172.704
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods: Compliance with IATA and IMO Regulations
- Hoist / Crane Safety
- ISO 14001 Course
- OHSMAS/OHSAS 18001:2007 Lead Auditor
- OHSAS 18001-ISO 14001:2004 Lead Auditor
- Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response 29 CFR 1910.120
- Competent Person Training in Trenching & Excavation
- Industrial Powered Trucks (Forklift) Training
- North Carolina Nanotechnology Safety and Response
- Arc Flash Electrical Safety NFPA 70E
Vice President of Operations
Chasity Hutchens is an integral part of the day to day management of Operations Excellence. Her responsibilities include:
- Project Management
- Retainer Management
- Office Networking
- Job Costing
- Customer Service
- Computer Maintenance
- Program Development and File Management of client training certification.
Certificate of Continuing Education
- Time Management & Organizational Skills
- Powerful Communication Skills
- Business Writing & Grammar Skills
- OSHA Compliance & Workplace Safety
- Create and Deliver Exceptional Powerpoint Presentations
- Certified Nursing Assistant Forsyth Tech Community College
- First Aid and CPR American Red Cross
- Business and Computer Classes Forsyth Tech Community College
Henry Nemargut has 22 years of engineering experience and 19 years of environmental consulting and contracting experience. Henry is directly involved in many projects at Operations Excellence to provide technical direction and to assist in regulatory negotiations.
Areas of Experience
- Extensive experience in a variety of assessments and remediation methods through his management of project under the NCDENR and NCDWM
- Soil and groundwater remediation system design, installation and operation
- Process, storage and containment system design
- Conducted air sparge and aquifer pilot tests at over 15 UST sites involving reduction of drawdown data and computer modeling to estimate hydraulic parameters for fate and transport estimates; many of which site have included remedial system design, installation and operation.
- UST assessment and remediation studies and implementation
- UST/AST system containment design and installation supervision
- SPCC, SWPPP and hazardous waste storage containment plans and certification
- Groundwater modeling and risk-based remedial design
- Master of Science in Management and Operations Research from North Carolina State University
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from North Carolina State University
Registrations & Licenses
- Registered Professional Engineer, North Carolina 17669
- Registered Professional Engineer, South Carolina 25292
- Registered Professional Engineer, Virginia 40853
- Registered Professional Engineer, Maryland 31114
- Registered Professional Engineer, Pennsylvania 72187
- Certified AST Inspector, STI SP001
- Certified NC Well Contractor, #3426